Now available in 3 metal finishes
Meet “The Burnside”: a hinged leather pull combining the warmth of leather with the utility of metal. “The Burnside” leather pull is designed and made in Oregon.
The flexible metal hinge assists with perpendicular pulling.
The large, open leather loop is a warm and tactile touchpoint, pleasant to the touch and easy grabbing.
The Burnside comes in two different sizes for different applications:
- Small: 1″ (2.5cm) wide x 3.375″ (8.6cm) tall. Projection 1.25″ (3.2cm)
- Large: 1” (2.5cm) wide x 4.75” (12.1cm) tall. Projection 1.5″ (3.8cm)
The Burnside comes in four different leather colors and three metal finishes, for a total 24 different options.
All of our pulls are hand-crafted in our Oregon workshop using natural, nontoxic American oak-tanned leather, dyed by hand for a lustrous finish. The designs in our leather drawer collection are named after places in our hometown, Portland Oregon. The Burnside is Portland’s bascule-lifting historic bridge, pivoting on a “hinge”.
- Architectural Beauty: Original designs by former Architecture Principal Geoffrey Franklin, Walnut Studiolo’s collection of leather drawer pulls combines minimalist modern design with old-fashioned natural materials.
- Sustainable American Story: Behind their good looks, there’s a great story. Handcrafted in small batches in the USA from oak-tanned leather and oil dyes, our low-impact environmental values shine through.
- High Quality, Durable Materials: Our unique hand-dyed American leather gets better with age, offering a warm and comfortable touch with strong, long-lasting durability.
- Award-Winning Designs: Chosen by discerning designers for projects big and small, from home IKEA hacks and vintage Airstream remodels to mountain chalets and executive mansions. Honored at the “Best of Portland” awards and editorially featured in Real Simple, House Beautiful, and Interior Design magazines.
About Walnut Studiolo
Walnut Studiolo crafts original modern designs by hand in our Oregon workshop using only natural materials. We are a family-run company located on the North Oregon Coast. Learn more about us on our website: https://walnutstudiolo.com